Monday, March 17, 2008

Big Trucks Are Cool


This last week we had to cut down the huge tree in our front yard. It was half way dead and only bloomed a little bit in the summer. It looked so horrible so we decided it was time to chop it down. It always makes me a little sad to chop down a tree...I know, I'm a little bit of a hippy. But I decided it would be better to get rid of this one and plant a new healthy tree this summer. When the guys came to take it down, Rylan and Abbie were so excited to sit by the door or window and just watch them. Every once in a while the men would stop and wave to Rylan. Luckily it was a pretty day out that day so I was able to leave the big door open so the two could watch out the storm door. When Rylan would get bored watching he'd go play for a minute and then go right back to check on the progress. The men did a wonderful job and although it is a little sad to see that big old tree gone now, I know better things are on the way.

No comments: