Saturday, September 13, 2008

Little Bits of Randomness...

I have a bunch to say that is most likely not interesting to anyone else in this world but myself, but I'm in the mood to blog, so here it is. First of all, today was a raining boring day. Seth decided that it was extremely important that he ditch me today in order to stock up on supplies for the upcoming hunting season. I was moping around all morning and complaining that it was raining outside and there was absolutely nothing in this world for me and Rylan to do. Of course I could have cleaned my house but who wants to waste a perfectly good Saturday doing something as mundane and blah as cleaning. Yuck. Well, the mood of the day changed after I took Abbie out in the rain to go "potty". She did her thing and when I went to give her a treat for her good work, I noticed we were almost out of dog treats. That's when I had my rainy day epiphany. Why not bake some dog cookies? So I dragged out my doggie cookbook and cookie cutters (I actually have 2 doggie treat cookbooks--is that wierd?) and chose a recipe for fruity pebble cookies. I just happened to have fruity pebbles--it was meant to be since I NEVER buy fruity pebbles! So I was a little doggie baker today and here are the results:

I know the last picture is a bit blurry but can you see the little dog bone cookie sitting on the floor? Well, I was so excited for them to cool down so I could give her a cute little cookie and she grabbed it and ran into the other room and then stared at it like, "what the heck"? I was really concerned she wouldn't like them after all that work but once she got a taste, she snarfed down the rest. So the boring raining day was a success after all.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

I really think that you should email me the recipe aleena would love to do that for our dogs