Saturday, September 13, 2008

Wonderful Days

Last weekend my parents and grandparents came for a visit and although the time always goes by WAY too fast, I really enjoyed their time here. It is always so wonderful to see them and I wasn't sure they would be able to come out this year so I was so thankful that they found a way. They have seen pretty much all of the tourist-y sites within a 90 mile radius so we didn't really break any new ground other than going to Kalona, Iowa. Kalona was originally an Amish settlement and there are still quite a few Amish farms in the area. Unfortunately, it was raining that day so we spent the time riding in the truck looking at farms. My dad really wanted to see a horse-pulled buggy but no one was out because of the weather--bummer. We stopped by the cheese factory and then Stringtown, the Amish/Mennonite grocery store. I think mom and grandma enjoyed that more than dad and grandpa! But all in all, it was a good trip and I think everyone enjoyed their stay, I hope so anyway. It was really hard for me to say goodbye to them this time. It always is, I'm not denying that. But this time it was extra hard. I've been pretty depressed all week. I don't know when I'll see them again and I don't think I'll be making a trip to Utah until next summer. That is so hard for me. So much seems to be changing in my life and its hard not to be near my family during the transitions. Not that quitting my job and having a new baby isn't wonderful and exciting, just a little scary too. Anyway, this has turned into a depressing post which wasn't my intention. Here are some of the few pictures I took while they were here:

Thanks everyone for making the long drive! Hope to see you again in April or May!

No comments: