Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch

So last Wednesday Rylan's daycare was scheduled to go to Kathy's Pumpkin Patch. This is the coolest pumpkin patch ever! For the last few years a bunch of young mothers in my branch have gone with their children and I have never been able to go with them so this year I really didn't want to miss out. So I took off work and went with Rylan and the daycare. He had such a fun time. It was a little chilly out but that's Autumn! There were 2 corn pools full of dried corn kernels and at first Rylan was a little unsure about all that corn, but once he got in and got playing he didn't want to leave. We found corn in some pretty crazy places that night!






After playing in the corn pool for a while, we all played in the play area. There were slides and water activities and little houses and cars and play horses and, and, and... Of course, Rylan mostly just went up and down the kid slide. He just loves those little slides! It's hilarious.




Unfortunately, the slide got him so excited that he pooped. So I carted him back to the car and attempted to change his diaper in the front seat. Too bad I didn't take the truck! So we finally got back to the playground and 10 minutes later---yep, pooped again! Argghhh! By this time he did not want to nicely comply and let me change his diaper again so I had to bribe him with some of my secret Symphony Bar stash (see below). After the poop fiasco, it was time to ride the tractor out to go pick a pumpkin. Rylan had fun riding in the trailer and going out to choose his pumpkin (I sort of helped him choose).
Finally, we went through a corn maze and he ran right through it:


It was really such a fun day and I'm so thankful that I was able to go with Rylan. It would have broken my heart to have missed such a fun day. He looked so cute running from one activity to the next with a huge smile on his face. It was one of those wonderful days that I was so incredibly thankful to be a mom to this little man.

1 comment:

Naomi said...

I love all of the movie clips. He is getting so big. I love the fall time!!