Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Girls Camp

There has been so much that has happened that I need to post about! So I'll start with Girls Camp and go from there. Girls camp was...an experience. We arrived on Tuesday and the campground was so beautiful. It was in the woods and there were cabins for each of us. The girls stayed in one and most of the leaders shared the rest. There were about 120 girls so it was a really good turnout for the stake. As evening approached the first night we were relaxing in our cabins and all of a sudden----COCKROACHES. And that's not all... they were FLYING COCKROACHES!!!!! They ranged from an inch to three inches long. For those of you that know me even a little bit, you know that one thing I cannot live with is bugs. I started having panic attacks right away and grabbed my sleeping back and went into my truck, locked the doors, and slept right there. The next day we went to walmart in the nearest city and picked up some bug spray. That night I really tried hard to stick it out in the cabin but when they started flying at me, I ran again! So the next day, we went for more bug spray (and a prescription for xanax) and tried once more. This time I actually made it through the night in the cabin. It was soooo gross! I contemplated renting a hotel room but I would have felt way to guilty doing that and leaving the girls. So in the end, it took about $100 in bug spray and a few xanax just to keep my sane. Other than that camp was fun. I think all the girls had a good time. I don't know if I've ever been more thankful to return home to my family (and shower) than I was on Saturday. Hopefully when we go to Yellowstone I won't have any cockroaches to battle!

No comments: