Friday, June 6, 2008

The kitchen is finally done!!!!

OK, I know its been a really long time since I updated (so much for updating weekly), but I have been so busy with the kitchen, Young Women's, and I have also been nursing my two boys back to health. Then I got super sick and that kept me down for quite a while. But I'm feeling better now and thought I should post some before and after pictures of the kitchen. I don't have any pictures of when we first moved in and of the PURPLE carpet in the kitchen so you'll just have to imagine it. The first thing we did was the floors. Then I decided that since we were doing the floors we should replace the ugly, old casings and baseboards as well. Well, once we had done all that, I decided that the whole kitchen needed a little work. So we bought a new stove and microwave, put up beadboard and a chair rail, a beadboard backsplash, and new trim on the cabinets. I really wanted to do a glaze on the cabinets to make the trim stand out so I went down to Sherwin Williams and they showed me just how to do it. The pictures don't really do it justice but I'll just say that I LOVE my kitchen now!!! And we really did it on a budget. I'm really proud of myself for getting in there and learning how to do things and (eventually) getting the job done! So here are some before pictures (at this point the floor and casings had already been replaced):









And now for the after (drum roll please):











There are still a few finishing touches and I still need to paint and recover the chairs for the table but for the most part, I'M DONE!!! WAHOO!!!


Now on to more important business:

Rylan seems to be growing up way too fast. He is still such a good little guy but he's definately got an opinion and he'll let you know if you're doing something he doesn't agree with! He's got two more teeth that just broke through on the top and two more coming in on the bottom. We didn't even know he was teething until I was brushing his teeth one night and said "Holy crap! This kid has two more teeth!" He is constantly saying "Wutidat?" and we have to say, "that's a squirrel/tree/remote control/coke (etc.)". He just wants to learn about everything. My favorite thing he does right now, is when he wants something really bad and he'll look at you and say "Peeeeee" (for please) and the way he says it is so cute that no one can resist and he usually gets whatever he wants. Really, he usually only wants food. He is definately part Tubaugh and part Burr. The other day my mother in law asked me if my family thought about food as much as their family did. Seth and I looked at each other and started laughing as I replied, "you have no idea". So poor little Rylan may be doomed to a life that revolves around good food.
We are getting ready for our big trip to Yellowstone and I am so excited to see my family. I've been getting more and more homesick to see them lately. Webcams are great and help ease my homesickness a lot, but it's nothing like getting a hug from mom and dad. I am going to girls camp this next week and then we leave for Yellowstone the end of this month. I seriously can't wait!!!

No comments: