Friday, August 13, 2010

I remember...10 years ago


In honor of my tenth wedding anniversary, I thought I would share one small memory from my wedding day.

Surprisingly, I slept very well the night before my wedding and woke up very calm. The house was still asleep when I awoke and I quietly did my hair and makeup, then got dressed. I met my parents upstairs and we headed to the temple. Our wedding ceremony was scheduled for 9:30 a.m. so it was a pretty early morning.

The only anxiety I had through the night and then the next morning was thinking that Seth would forget to bring our wedding bands to the temple. Our little apartment was only a few blocks away but for some reason I was really nervous about him forgetting them.

When I got to the temple, I saw Seth in the waiting room and the first thing I asked him was, "Did you bring the wedding bands?!?" He got a proud look on his face and said, "Yes I did". He really was very proud of himself for remembering. Then my dad asked, "Did you remember the marriage license?" A look of panic crossed his face when he realized he had indeed forgotten to bring the marriage license with him.

I can giggle about it now, but at the time, it seemed like the worst had happened. Luckily, because our apartment was so close, it took Seth about 5 minutes to go get the license. We didn't even start late, everything was right on time.

It's funny how after your wedding day, you realize how unimportant the minor things about the day are (not that a marriage license or wedding rings are unimportant). When I think back about that day, my memories are so awesome. Although Seth got sick shortly after the ceremony, I can still think of that day and recall so few things that went wrong. It was a day I felt very close to heaven.

P.S.
This picture was taken about six years ago---not from our wedding. However, I don't have any wedding pictures on my computer so I resorted to this one. But I think it's a good picture. I really liked Seth's "Brigham Young beard".

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

Your cute. I like the memories. Keep it up. and the old pics. :) How about a memory about when you found out you were getting the best sister in law ever!!!! ha ha I kid.