Friday, August 13, 2010

I remember...Grandpa's subscription to National Geographic

Here's another remembrance of my grandpa Hoskins.

I can recall that whenever I went to my grandparents house, there was a stack of National Geographic magazines next to their couch. My grandpa would look through those magazines every day.

Thinking of this made me wonder about my grandpa. Did he simply enjoy reading about different cultures and lifestyles in various parts of the world, or did he desire to visit those locales. Perhaps because circumstances did not allow for world travel, he appeased his desire through experiencing the exotic places profiled in the magazine.

I guess in this lifetime I won't really know what was behind his love of that magazine. But when I see him again, it's one thing I would love to find out.

No comments: